Saturday, April 28, 2012

Portraits of James Bond







Portrait of James Bond as a boy 


James Bond (right) and his brother as young boys
James Bond and his brother and mother
James Bond in Philadelphia while a student at Cambridge in the 1920s



J
James preparing a bird specimen 



James and Mary Wickham Bond "in the field"


James Bond with specimen trays at Philadephia Academy of Natural Sciences


Ian Fleming signed a copy of his latest book to Bond on the day they met - Feb. 5, 1964 
"A great day!" 


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello Bill,

It looks like you have done most extensive research on James Bond the ornithologist. I live on an island that he visited in 1036,and I am a birder also. So I've always been very interested in his findings. Have you managed to get in contact with any of his descendents? I would be extremely interested in finding out if there is still any material out there about the island I live on.

Best wishes,

Roland